Teaching of undergraduate courses
- Physics (School of Agriculture) 1985 – 1989
- Physics (School of Dentistry) 1985 – 1986
- Physics (School of Forestry) 1985 – 1986
- Physics II (School of Physics) 1987 – 1988
- Introductory Physics Laboratory (1987 – today)
- Thermodynamics (1988 – 2013), Physics II (Heat – Thermodynamics (2013 – today)
- Introduction to Solid State Physics I (1990 – today)
- Programming Languages: C (1999 – today)
- Mathematical Programming – Operations Research (2005 – today)
- Applications of Computational Physics I (2008 – today)
- Didactics in Physics I (2000 – today)
- Metrology – Quality Systems (2000 – today)
Teaching of postgraduate courses
- Postgraduate Programme in Computational Physics, (A.U.Th):
- Programming I, 2005 – today
- Statistical Physics, 2009-2010
- Postgraduate Programme on Nanosciences & Nanotechnologies, (A.U.Th):
- Science of condenced matter & materials,
- Postgraduate Programme on Materials Physics and technology, (A.U.Th):
- Electrical Characterization laboratory
- Optimization and Protypation, 2000 – today
- Project: Theoretical study and analysis of structural properties of high technology materials, 2005 - today
- Postgraduate Programme in Teaching Natural Sciences, (Hellenic Open University):
- Motion, Constitution and Basic Interactions of Matter, 2007 - today
Textbooks and tutorial notes
- Tutorial notes for the Introductory Physics Laboratory, (in Greek) co-authoring with Ο. Valasiadis, H. Dimitriadis, D. Evangelinos, Ε. Paloura, Κ. Paraskevopoulos, Ε. Chatzikraniotis, Κ. Chrysafis and D. Psyllos, Thessaloniki 1990.
- Tutorial notes for Metrology, website: https://skiathos.physics.auth.gr/courses/metrology
- Fundamental Thermodynamics, translation into Greek in collaboration with Κ. Manolikas, G. Bleris and Ν. Flevaris of the book “Fundamental Thermodynamics” by Gabriel Weinreich, Thessaloniki 1991.
- Solid State Physics (in Greek), co-authoring with Ν.Α. Economou, G. Kanellis, and S. Ves, Thessaloniki 1993.
- C for Engineers (in Greek), translation in collaboration with D. Manolakis of the book “C Programming for Engineering & Computer Science”, by H.H. Tan – T.B. D’Orazio, Thessaloniki 2000, Tziolas
- Solid State Physics (in Greek), translation into Greek in collaboration with S. Ves, Ε. Paloura, and Α. Anagnostopoulos, of the book “Solid State Physics” by Ibach Harald & Lüth Hans, Thessaloniki, 2012, Ziti
- Development of scientific or educational Software
- Didactics I: Responsible for the elective course for the present academic year.
Development of scientific or educational Software
· SCALE (Educational): is a software to simulate a metrological mass scale with the aim to teach university students how to conduct metrological procedures. It includes random environmental noise and it gives different measurement results to each individual student.
· STREL (Scientific + Educational): is a computational and visualization software to create and study atomistic models for micro- and nano-structures. It is specially tailored to study optoelectronic properties of nanostructures, and includes both the structural aspects and the quantum mechanical ones. Color in the visualization can denote many different properties, such as: local strains, energies, wavefunction amplitudes, atomic displacements, etc.
· MolDyn (in progress) (Scientific): A package of tools specifically designed to study the static and dynamic behavior of the interaction between the tip and the surface of the AFM. It is based on atomistic modeling of the process and it utilizes molecular dynamics to relax the atomic positions and also to study the dynamics. One of the current development steps aims to combine finite elements analysis with the atomistic simulations.
· FEMIND (Scientific): A set of macros for ANSYS to simulate the nanoindentation process. It is parameterized to include the various shapes of the nanoindenter tips and types of materials. As for the materials, it can handle orthotropic materials, multilayered and composite materials.
· EBM (Educational): A program for the educational utilization of the one-dimentional Energy Balance Model of earth's climate.
A partial list of undergraduate thesis supervision (from 2010 – today)
1. Content development for mixed teaching. (2013) Zafeirakoglou Apostolos
2. Alternative forms of experimental teaching to pupils of lower secondary schools. (2012) Sofianidis Angelos
3. The simulations in the study of motion. (2012) Nikolopoulos Dimitrios
4. Accreditation of bio-medical laboratories - Principles of Metrology in Laboratory Tests. (2012) Theofanous Eirini
5. Optical properties of quantum dots. (2012) Konstanti Filippos
6. Physics Teaching in Multicultural Schools. (2012) Arampatzis Stefanos
7. Relation of methods and subjects in teaching Physics and Mathematics in Secondary Schools. (2011) Lykou Xanthi
8. Computational Physics and the use of Mathematica for education. (2011) Penos Georgios
9. Comparison of the English curriculum of physics for the lower secondary schools with the Greek one. (2011) Karampitsaki Maria
10. Properties of nanostructures: study of polycarbonate with Raman spectroscopy (2010) Xenioti Dimitra
11. Preparation and study of xerogel (2010) Varitis Savvas
12. Diagnostic methods and materials of historical monuments restoration (2010) Piteli Vagia
13. Study of gold nanoparticles using Raman spectroscopy and applications (2010) Papaioannou Diamantis
14. Analysis of Physics of swimming using image and video processing (2010) Monastiriotis-Diamantidis Dimitrios
Master Thesis supervision
- Real time distant experiments on electric, Dozis Alexandros, Hellenic Open University 2015
- The concept of the movement and the case of impact. A Study using educational software, Ζiakas Νikolaos, Hellenic Open University 2015.
- Study of Thermal Conductivity of Composite Materials with Computational Methods, Sachpazidis Georgios, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki 2015.
- A teaching approach of the phenomenon of superconductivity using software simulations at the secondary school level, Αlexandropoulos Εvangelos, Hellenic Open University 2014.
- Physics Experiments with the PC sound card, Litharis Savvas, Hellenic Open University 2014.
- Historical Physics experiments with simple materials, Νakos Dimitrios, Hellenic Open University 2014.
- Analysis of everyday life movements of the human body sign language using a camera, Τsiastoudis Dimitrios, Hellenic Open University 2014.
- Distance Real Physics Experiments, Giannelos Georgios, Hellenic Open University 2013
- Astronomical observations and measurements with simple instruments and everyday materials, Pazoulis Panagiotis, Hellenic Open University, 2013
- Physics simulations with SCRATCH, Kostoglou Ilias, Hellenic Open University, 2013
- The concepts of momentum, energy, kinetic and potential energy, Nikolaidou Foteini, Hellenic Open University 2013
- Implementation of parallel molecular dynamics algorithms in heterogeneous architecture systems using the Open Computing Language (OPENCL), Polychroniadis Kostas, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2013
- Influence of radiation on biological tissues, Gkoumpanitsa Magdalini, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2012
- Numerical calculation of financial derivatives, Papachristou Athanasios, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2012
- Spintronics: magnetic phenomena in superoxide interfaces, YBCO/LCMO study, Xenioti Dimitra, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki,2012
- Macroscopic study of the diffusion process in the pair Cu-Zn based on experimental data, Papazoglou Michalis, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2012
- Energetically autonomous buildings and Physics, Apostolopoulos Dimitrios, Hellenic Open University 2012
- Applications of Physics Principles to living beings, Ntounis Georgios P., Hellenic Open University, 2011
- Conservation of Energy and Climate: Use of realistic simulations and application in the educational process, ΚακαρίδουΜαρία, Hellenic Open University 2010
- Determination of the stress and strain in an embedded matrix system, Katsanos Angelos, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2010
- e – Learning of the concept of climate through climate models, Artemi Stamatia, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2010
- Modelling and optimization of sensors. Tzortzis Christos, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2010
- Computational methods of time series analysis to estimate the uncertainty in the case of correlated measurements, Georgakaki Dimitra, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2009
- Modeling and optimization. Examples from living organisms, Voutou Mpetina, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki 2009
- Analyses of microstructure property interaction of a free machining titanium alloy, Lolou Spyridoula, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2009
- Modeling and optimization of composite materials, Athanasiadis Charalampos, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2008
- Study of self organized multilayer micro- and nanostructures, Mpoutsikas Stylianos, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2008
- Composite materials. Experimental study of basic characteristics of commonly used thermal insulation materials, Tsichouridis Charilaos, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2007
- Analysis and Comparison of neutralization Methods of Waste, Rapti Maria, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2004
- Construction of prototypes and optimization of sensors, Kioupliotis Antonios, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2004
- Production of each type of SWNTs models and study of structural properties with simulations of X-ray diffraction experiments, Tsenis Giorgos Αristotle University of Thessaloniki,2003
- Modeling and optimization of semiconductor alloys.– Koltsakis Evangelos,Αristotle University of Thessaloniki,2002
- Growth of Hydroxyapatite Coating on Titanium by electrodeposition– Sideroudi Charoula, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki,2002
- Biomaterials: Hydroxyapatite –Ζotos Alexandros, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki,2002
- Modeling and optimization of metallic alloys – Symeonidis Dimitrios, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2001
- Random walker with attractive potential– Lymperakis Liveris, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki,2000
- Hight Temperatures Semiconductors (HTSs)– Tselekidis Theodoros, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki,2000
- Theory of non-classical surface nucleation – Petsos Georgios,Αristotle University of Thessaloniki,1997
- Study of the Ising model with the Monte Carlo method, Kalialakis Christos, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 1993
- Optical properties of semiconductors with tetrahedral bonds with the method of linear combination of atomic orbitals, Tsermpak Kyrillos, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 1989
- Calculation of total energy of solids by the method of linear combination of atomic orbitals, Poulopoulos Panagiotis, Αristotle University of Thessaloniki, 1989