Training of Physics Educators
- Hellenic Open University, Patra, Summer School 2010: «Pathways to Science Research in Education» 10 hours.
- Greek Physical Society: Real experiments with the use of the computer, 20 hours
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki & Agency for Vocational Education and Training 1994: 3d technical drawing with the use of a computer, 100 hours
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki: Digital tools for technical education and professional use, 100 hours.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki & Agency for Vocational Education and Training: Training teachers in Informatics: UNIX and UNIFY, 100 hours.
- The Physics Department of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in collaboration with the Regional Training Center of Neapoli & Evosmou of Thessaloniki 2008 – 2013: Training in modern physics experiments, 8 hours.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Social Policy Committee): 2009-10 Training in ITC for special education, 20 hours.
Experience in distance education
- 2007 – today: Hellenic Open University: Graduate Studies for Science Teachers (Motion, Constitution and Basic Interactions of Matter).
- 2013: Distance education of science teachers in Action Research (for the programme: Training Educators, Distance Education of Secondary School teachers, «Teaching Programme for Roma children in the regions Central, Western and Eastern Macedonia and Thrace»
Contribution to the development of educational material for distance education
Supervision of Diploma thesis for the Hellenic Open University. One of the conditions for the dissertations for the graduate program Graduate Studies for Science Teachers, is to produce educational material for introducing contemporary themes in education. The supervision of the dissertations is through distance education.
Experience in implementing innovative educational approaches
- 2009 – today: Physical …magical! Interactive physics experiments with everyday materials for the general public, school and university students. These are organized by Physics Partizani, a group of undergraduate, graduate and PhD students from the Faculty of Primary Education and the Faculty of Physics, initiated by Prof. Panagiotis Koumaras from the Faculty of Elementary Education and myself.
- 2010 – 2013: Utilizing classroom response systems in teaching physics concepts.
- 2010: Investigation of possible uses of Wiimote and Motion Plus in the Physics Lab.
- 2010 – today:Remote Physics experiments
- 2009: Use of Scratchboard in the Physics Lab
- 2008: Teaching Physics Education with the use of movies, commix, and TV shows
- 2008: Using ESA/ESO Astronomy Exercise Series in teaching Astronomy in the upper secondary school.
- 2008: Solving a crime: A proposal for an informal teaching approach of Sciences in secondary education.
- 2007: Eatable experiments
- 2005: Climate, weather, climate models and climate change
Informal education of primary and secondary students
- 2009 – today:Physical … magical! Physics experiments with everyday materials. We organize or take part in major events with physics experiments for all ages.
- 2009 – today: Wednesdays at the School of Sciences: Every Wednesday at 19:00-21:00 secondary school students are welcome to participate in hands-on physics activities.
- 2013: Summer school on “creative experiments for students” (organization by the Municipality of Giannitsa and the Greek Physical Society